Saturday, August 29, 2009

My little fairy

You’ve seen my dolls before right?

I have had this vision in my head for sometime about a particular doll I was wanting to create. Seriously, it was keeping me awake at night.

I wanted a fairy doll. Deliciously soft made with cotton and bamboo, in my signature colour scheme of pink and whits (of course), with beautiful lacy wings on her back.

The doll I could do – it was the wings that were keeping me up nights – how would I make them, I wanted them slightly stiffened – how was I to do that. I made one prototype which were a disaster – went away for a few days and came back to it with fresh eyes and came up with these…

P8270432 Sooo – I was happy with the overall look of them (the colours are really not working for me tonight in any of the posts) now I had to work out how to stiffen them. Lightbulb!

I gathered my ingredients…

P8270440 …and got cooking…

P8270433 …dipped…

P8270437 …blocked and crossed…

P8270439 Waited a few hours drying time and then attached.

P8280447

P8280446

But, I thought she was missing something…Lightbulb (yep twice in two days – a record!)

What does every fairy need?

P8290448 Why a wand of course…

P8290451 Ahhh – maybe now I will get some sleep!

3 comments:

lzilulu said...

oooh.....she is beautiful...bet she doesn't last long tomorrow! xox

TerribleT said...

she is BEAUTIFUL!!!! the wand finished her off perfectly.... are you prepared to part with her when somebody comes along and wants to take her from you... :0(

Unknown said...

I would like to place an order for one house-full of Pinknits please.

Thanks a bunch,
Jordie xx.